World Kidney Day 2016 is coming This article updated 3/3/16
Put Thursday 10th March in your diaries, see the UK WKD official web site and their gallery.
Help us unite with one powerful voice for World Kidney Day 2016 by organising an activity or event to draw public attention to the importance of kidney health, what can be done to protect kidneys before disease strikes, and to assist patients who already have chronic kidney disease. This year there is also a particular focus on kidney disease in children.
APPLY NOW FOR YOUR SUPPORT PACK via firstname.lastname@example.org
To help with your event, the Kidney Charities Together team have produced a Support Pack containing:
- 5 A4 kidney health awareness posters
- A number of double-sided A5 kidney health awareness flyers (please confirm how many you need)
- World Kidney Day logo stickers (in sheets of 48 per A4 page –please confirm how many sheets)
- A poster to help advertise your event (an electronic version is available on the website to customise and print out yourself)
- 2 ‘How to Guides’ – A guide to working with the media’ and ‘A guide to using social media’
- A sample press release (an electronic version on the website which you can customise and use)
Further details on getting involved are available on the UK website www.worldkidneyday.co.uk along with more hints, tips and ideas for activities as well as all of the content of the Support Pack in downloadable form as well as additional downloadable resources.
We would love to hear about what you have planned, so please let us know by emailing email@example.com, posting on the World Kidney Day UK Facebook page (www.facebook.com/worldkidneydayuk) and adding to the global event map at www.worldkidneyday.org/get-involved/worldwide-events/add-an-event-it’s a great way of seeing what’s going on around the UK and indeed the world.
If you use Twitter, follow @kidneydayUK and use #worldkidneyday.
Look out too for our series of ‘kidney facts’ which we will be releasing through our Facebook page and Twitter feeds from 1st March, one a day until World Kidney Day itself. Please share and ‘re-tweet’ as widely as possible.
We very much hope you will be happy to join in with this exciting annual campaign.
WKD young@nkf idea for WKD this year is for Children and young adults so we are doing an awareness campaign via Social Media. We want them to send vlog, blog, phone video of different questions we have set out on the following attachment.